Have you ever wanted to know more about the new Whatsapp Business account which has been making waves across various platforms for some time now? Then look no further, as we shall be explaining it all to you in full details.
In this article, we shall be looking at what the platform is all about generally, its reviews and its benefits to the customers and generally everyone that wishes to you use it.
We shall then be looking at what the topic bothers on. We shall be looking at what it is generally, its benefits and reviews about it. We shall also be looking at how to download and install the app on your device, and how to switch to the account too.
WHAT IS WHATSAPP?
Before we go on to look at what the Whatsapp Business account is all about, let us first and foremost look at the platform generally. It is important that we look at the platform generally because you do have to consider the source before the subject.
The social media platform is an American-owned free-tech platform which supports or allows customers or users to send text messages or voice messages across other social media platforms aside from itself.
Owned by the popular and prestigious Facebook, Inc., the platform allows users or customers to not only send text messages and voice messages to their contacts across other platforms but to also make video and voice calls respectively while on the platform.
That is not the only thing you can achieve on this platform which many have come to know as just simply a platform that helps in communication purposes through calls and text messages. You can also share media files like pictures, videos, documents, etc.
The need to ensure that this platform is completely accessible made the company to provide applications that are supported by mobile devices, which can help mobile phone users to effectively use the platform in their own convenience.
Aside from mobile phone users, the platform can also be accessed by desktop and PC users to use the platform while they use their computers. The platform can be accessed via these devices so long as the mobile device is connected to the internet, while you use the app on your computer.
To be able to use the platform, you will be required to provide the mobile phone number to your device, which must be standard, as this is a major criterion for you to be successfully registered on the platform, and thus, use it to your satisfaction.
The application for users on the platform was created by Whatsapp Incorporated, which is located at Mountain View, California, in the United States of America. The platform was bought by Facebook in early February 2014, for roughly 19.3 billion USD.
The platform has recorded massive success since it was launched to the global audience. As of 2015, it has successfully dominated the global messaging sector, as it was tagged the most popular messaging application in the world.
The number of users it has recorded also proves to show how much success it has recorded over the years. By early 2020, it has recorded more than 2 billion users on the platform from various locations around the world.
Furthermore, its successes have spread to such height that some countries around the world mow make use of it as the basic messaging platform for communication within their location. They include Latin America countries, India, and most parts of Europe and Africa.
Benefits of Whatsapp
Looking at the benefit of using the platform is very crucial, as most people are reluctant to use it because they seem not to see any reason or benefits of using it before we talk about Whatsapp Business account.
- Communication. The platform helps you to effectively and swiftly communicate with friends and families no matter where their locations might be. You can do this with many conveniences and with fewer resources spent in the process of trying to communicate with them.
- Entertainment. Despite being known majorly as an instant messaging platform, you can also experience a wide level of entertainment while still being on the platform. This can be achieved through the status updates option, where users can update their status with interesting status texts, images and short videos. Also, the platform affords you the opportunity of sharing media files like videos, audio files, images, documents, and other files, which can be a whole new level of entertainment for you.
- Information. The internet has offered us the availability of information in a matter of seconds, but this platform does it in a more unique fashion. You can get access to real-time information from your contacts, or groups, through the status updates of your contacts. The importance of information cannot be overemphasized which is why this platform has made it easy for you to exchange information with your contacts.
- End-to-End encryption. A lot of people may wonder why this term is used most of the time in association with the platform. It is an upgrade made across all the platform’s application used for both mobile devices and desktops respectively. It means that every chat you have with anyone on the platform is secured, as the platform does not have access to your chats, hence the end-to-end encryption. This privacy upgrade is crucial in allaying any fears or doubts potential users may have regarding having their discussions monitored or in a worst-case scenario, leaked to the public by the platform.
- User Friendly. The platform above all is quite a user-friendly application as you do not have to go through any rigorous process of registration, or having to experience difficulty in using the app. It has an in-built guide that can assist you in using the application. Being on the platform already helps you with using the application to your utmost satisfaction, unlike other platforms where you would require much attention and intense assistance in using it. The platform ensures that all its options are completely easy to use, without much strain or discomfort on the part of the user.
WHATSAPP BUSINESS ACCOUNT
Owing to the need for ensuring that the platform is an all-encompassing one that embraces both the personal lives and as well as the commercial or corporate side of the lives of its users, it introduced the Whatsapp Business account.
This introduction came in the early days of 2018, as the platform launched to global use, a similar application which small business owners can take advantage of its features in ensuring that their business reaches global height.
The platform offers companies and corporations the chance of using this opportunity or medium to interact with customers who also use the standard Whatsapp application on their mobile devices and desktops.
Before we go ahead and look at other important features of the application, let us take a look at the benefits that come with the application. Most people tend to think it is similar to the standard app, but these benefits would prove you otherwise.
Benefits of Whatsapp Business Account
- Free Advert. This application affords you the opportunity of carrying out an advert for your business through the unique profile feature it gives you. The profile allows you to add your business name, logo, samples of your products, reviews from customers, business address, and other information that are critical to the existence of your business. With no charge at all, you can have these on your profile, and people can look at it as the first thing they check out when they get your contact.
- Interact with clients. The application allows you to interact with your various customers and potential clients which are in your contact list. What is even more interesting is that you do not necessarily have to change your phone number for you to achieve this. You can easily switch your account (we shall discuss this later), and still retain your contact list as it makes it easier for you.
How to switch personal account to business account
After going through the benefits, you might wonder how you can get your own Whatsapp business account. This can be easily done, and to make it more fun, you do not need to create a fresh account, you can actually use your existing account.
To be able to use the business account, you have to switch from your personal (existing) account to your business account. This would not in any way alter any information you already have on the platform, or erase your data.
To effectively do this, kindly follow the steps below:
- First and foremost, ensure that you have taken the necessary steps to back up your chats’ history and other media files from your account.
- Go to the Google Play Store to download the app by easily clicking here. For other devices, kindly check your respective app stores.
- When you have completely downloaded the app, kindly click on Install to make sure the app is being installed on your device.
- When you are done with this, go to your device home page and tap the app to open it.
- Read through the Terms and Conditions and click on Accept and Continue to go to the next page for registration.
- On the next page, the previous action has already given Whatsapp an indirect authorization, as they would automatically acknowledge your phone number.
- From here, all the data you had on your Whatsapp personal account will be moved to your Whatsapp Business Account.
- The process of transferring the data from the personal account to the business account will not be an automatic one. Owing to this, you are required to remain on the app.
- Remaining on the app entails that you do not minimize the app or turn off your device. You will also be required to acknowledge certain actions, as well as download other backed up data.
- Also, Allow your Whatsapp Business Account the permission to access your contacts, media and other relevant sections of your device.
- To sign up as a Whatsapp Business Account user, customize your profile to this effect by adding your business name, images as well as the category of business you are into.
- To boost your Business account, go to More Options, then click or tap on Business Tool, then go to the Business profile which will allow you to successfully do this.
- You can also add other relevant information like your company’s working hours, contact information for staff, business location, company logo, and so on.
- After this, you can now go-ahead to send messages to your contacts and business clients alike.
- For more information, visit the team of helpers from the platform by clicking here.
Thank you for going through this article on everything you need to know about Whatsapp Business account, we hope you found it helpful. For further information or questions, kindly leave a comment in the comment section below. Please, share this with your friends.