As impossible as it sounds, it is absolutely possible for you to monetize your Whatsapp account. How? You may ask; to answer this question, kindly go through this article as we shall be showing you how.
In this article, we shall be looking at what the Whatsapp social media platform is all about; its reviews; Whatsapp Personal and Business accounts respectively, and its benefits, and so on.
In conclusion, we shall be looking at the various ways on how you can monetize your Whatsapp account, which will include easy steps and processes that are not complicated at all.
WHAT IS WHATSAPP?
Before we talk about how to monetize your Whatsapp account, let us first and foremost look at what the social media platform is all about, as well as its relevant attributes.
The platform is an American-owned messaging platform, which helps you to instantly send messages, media files, voice notes, and other files while texting your contacts.
A Facebook-owned platform, the social media platform also affords you the opportunity to make voice calls as well as video calls respectively, aside from just texting your friends and contacts.
Upon the provision of your cell phone number, you can easily use this social media platform on your mobile devices. It can also be used on your desktop computer if you remain connected to the internet.
Developed in Mountain View, California, the social media platform was acquired by Facebook in 2014, and by 2015 it had become the most popular texting app in the world.
With more than two billion users across the world, the social media platform boasts as being the basic means of communication via ICT in various places around the world.
How to create a Whatsapp Account
To join billion of users around the world on how to monetize your Whatsapp account, you have to first and foremost create one for yourself. The steps to create one includes:
- For Android users, click here to download the app; for iOS users, click here to download the app.
- After downloading the app, go back to your device and tap on the Whatsapp icon.
- Once the app opens, read through the Terms and Conditions and tap on Agree and Continue.
- On the registration page, select your country in the drop-down list and enter your phone number, with your country code typed first.
- After this, tap on Done or Next to receive a 6-digit confirmation code that would be sent to your phone number via SMS.
- Enter the 6-digit confirmation code in the space provided for it in the registration page.
- Set up your profile by adding your name, and profile picture for your friends to recognize you, and tap on Next.
- Also, allow Whatsapp to access your phone contacts and media files. You can add contacts for people who are not on the platform by going through the list on Whatsapp and clicking Add.
WHATSAPP BUSINESS ACCOUNT
Before we begin to talk about how to create a Whatsapp account, it is important that we look at the Whatsapp Business account which is one of the ways to make money on Whatsapp.
The new business account for the globally-backed messaging platform was developed specifically by the parent company in January 2018, which is more of an extension from the regular account of users.
The business account is created with such a manner that its features have been accessed and infamously agreed to help corporations and companies with the marketing strategy of products.
It allows you, as a small business owner to hit two birds with one stone, that is, you end up using your personal account, while also carrying out your commercial obligations, without leaving the platform.
The account lets you customize your profile, by adding the address of your business, as well as including the type of products and services you offer.
You can also include reviews from customers and people who have come across your products, or those who you have rendered your services to. you can other Infos related to your business too.
How to Switch Personal Account to Whatsapp account
Owing to how important the Business account is to business owners, it is important that on the journey of how to make money from Whatsapp account, it is important to have a business account.
However, if you have a personal account, do not be worried as you can easily switch your personal account to a business account. Note that this does not mean your previous account ceases to exist.
It means that you can now run your personal account, both for business and personal basis, as you can have your products advertised in your profile for potential customers.
The steps to take in making sure that you successfully switch your Whatsapp Personal Account to Whatsapp Business Account includes:
- First and foremost, ensure that you have taken the necessary steps to back up your chats’ history and other media files from your account.
- Go to the Google Play Store to download the app by easily clicking here. For other devices, kindly check your respective app stores.
- When you have completely downloaded the app, kindly click on Install to make sure the app is being installed on your device.
- When you are done with this, go to your device home page and tap the app to open it.
- Read through the Terms and Conditions and click on Accept and Continue to go to the next page for registration.
- On the next page, the previous action has already given Whatsapp an indirect authorization, as they would automatically acknowledge your phone number.
- From here, all the data you had on your Whatsapp personal account will be moved to your Whatsapp Business Account.
- The process of transferring the data from the personal account to the business account will not be an automatic one. Owing to this, you are required to remain on the app.
- Remaining on the app entails that you do not minimize the app or turn off your device. You will also be required to acknowledge certain actions, as well as download other backed up data.
- Also, Allow your Whatsapp Business Account the permission to access your contacts, media and other relevant sections of your device.
- To sign up as a Whatsapp Business Account user, customize your profile to this effect by adding your business name, images as well as the category of business you are into.
- To boost your Business account, go to More Options, then click or tap on Business Tool, then go to the Business profile which will allow you to successfully do this.
- You can also add other relevant information like your company’s working hours, contact information for staff, business location, company logo, and so on.
- After this, you can now go-ahead to send messages to your contacts and business clients alike.
HOW TO MONETIZE YOUR WHATSAPP ACCOUNT
Now that we have fully discussed everything that has been or is relevant to this discussion, let us now explain to you how you can monetize your Whatsapp Account.
It is no secret that the internet affords us the opportunity of making money. However, the unique thing about making money on Whatsapp is that you can do this at the comfort of your home, or anywhere.
As long as you have your mobile device or desktop, and as long as you are connected to the internet, you can easily do this too. Take a look at the steps that can enable you to do this:
- Running Adverts. One of the easiest ways to make money on Whatsapp is by running adverts on your account, through your Status. With the advent of the feature of Whatsapp Status, you can upload your products and attract customers; or you can get paid by brands to advertise their products on status. However, this is massively hinged on your total views, which is the number of contacts that view your status. The amount of views determines if you get the contracts or not; or if your products are bought or not. You have to grow your viewers by seeking out innovative ways of growing your amount of viewers.
- Through Facebook. If you have a successful Facebook page, with a lot of interacts and followers, you can easily link this to your Whatsapp Business account. Supposing you are an influencer, this would help brands to easily contact you, or it can make your followers on Facebook to access your business account; visit your profile, and patronize you by buying your products or asking for your services.
- Facebook Ads. With the advent of Facebook Ads, you can carry various adverts, sponsored through Facebooks. Some of these ads may be about your business, citing the products you sale or the services you render. Either way, you can also include a link to your Whatsapp Account, and because a lot of people use the app, they can easily reach out to you and close deals, making you more money in the process.
Thank you for going through this article on how to monetize your Whatsapp account, we hope you found it helpful. For more information, kindly leave a comment in the reply box and we will get back to you as soon as possible.